Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool #9

I downloaded both Jing and Skype and think that they will both be wonderful additions to my classroom. I have already begun using Jing even in my personal life to copy parts of websites I want to send family and friends. I can see students using Jing to do research projects because it will allow them to copy information off websites without having to take the time to re-type or waste paper by printing everything off.

Skype is actually a program I was already familiar with from when when my husband was deployed to Iraq. We actually used Yahoo Messenger as our primary form of communication because he could reach me any time by sending a message from his computer to my cell phone. It included video and voice, just like Skype. Many other military families used Skype as a form of communication during deployments and I have only heard good things about it. I can see it being a fun way for students to broaden their horizons and communicate with other students from all over the world. I think it would be great to team up with other classrooms even throughout the district to do book studies, book clubs, pen pals, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment