Monday, July 12, 2010

Tool #4

Google Docs is a wonderful tool to use when collaborating with colleagues and friends. I love that I won't have to save a document, attach it, send it, wait for a response, receive it as an attachment back, re-save it, and so on and so on! This simplifies things so much and at the same time gives every person who I share with instant updates. I can see using this to share lesson plans, roadmaps, flipcharts, and any other file. This would have been a dream come true last year when doing the RGE Newspaper!! The students could have all used google docs to save their articles for me to edit without me having to have them send them to me as an attachment or worse, saving each file off of each of their computers onto my thumb drive (yes, I really did that!)

Google Reader is a great way to have every blog that I follow in one place that gives me their updates all at once. It reminds me of facebook's home page where you can see each of your friends' status updates all at once. I think this would be great for students to use to follow various educational blogs, or even a way for teachers to collaborate and have their classes reading each others' blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment