Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool #10

This summer I went to one of the iTouch trainings and was blown away by the amount of free educational apps available to download. I have already begun downloading some so as soon as I get my iTouches I can sync them and they'll be ready to go! Some of the apps I downloaded and look forward to using are Arithmetick Math Flash Cards, Dictionary.com, Ecosystems, LabTimer, MathTappers, OregonTrail, Shake and Spell, and Space Images.

As for using the device itself, I was happy to find that it was so easy and user friendly. I feel I had an advantage by already having an android phone, which is very similar in design and use. My wow moment was that there are so many educational apps. I have downloaded tons of just for fun, or "productivity" apps for my personal use on my phone, but hadn't ever thought about using any in the classroom!

I think the students could use the iTouch during centers, in pairs, to review an objective, during independent practice, and even when students finish work early.

No comments:

Post a Comment