Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool #11

I think the more and more we begin to integrate technology into our classrooms, the more we virtually open our classrooms to everything (good and bad) that is out there. So I think that it is our job as teachers to help arm the students against anything out there that may harm them. Also I think it's important to teach them how to be good digital citizens. They also need to be aware of what plagiarism is and how it applies to online sources.

I think the videos and activities on BrainPop are wonderful sources to show the students in order to open up discussion and teach digital citizenship. The sections that stood out to me were the ones on Cyberbullying, Digital Etiquette, Information Privacy, Social Networking, and Online Sources. I think these would be great ways to start the year before ever using any of the technology tools offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment